The National Association of Disc Jockeys (NADJ) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be directed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
What Information Do We Collect?
We receive, collect and store any information you enter on the NADJ website or provide us in any other way.
In addition, we collect the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information and purchase history. We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page.
We also collect personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, communications); payment details (including credit card information) when you join or renew your NADJ membership or when you attend an NADJ run event at National or Branch level.
There is also an area of the NADJ website where we could collect comments, feedback, reviews and recommendations.
Why do you collect such personal information?
We collect such Non-personal and Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To allow the National Association of Disc Jockeys to provide and operate a membership service to its members.
- To provide our members with ongoing assistance and support.
- To be able to contact our members and interested parties with general or personalised notices and promotional messages by MailChimp, Email, Text Message or Phone.
- To collate statistical data and other information, which our industry supporters or we may use to provide and improve our services or delivery personal offers to members.
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website and we will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
- Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser
- Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
Refusing to accept cookies could have a negative impact upon the usability of other websites.
Using Your Personal Data
We will use your personal information to:
- Facilitate your membership of National Association of Disc Jockeys.
- Process registrations for events run by National Association of Disc Jockeys at National or Branch Level.
- Provide the individual Branch Committees with a list (which is password protected) of members in it’s local area for both ensuring members are valid and promotion of branch meetings/sessions.
- Send you email communication regarding your membership including expiry warnings for both your membership and Portable Appliance Testing (PAT).
- Contact you by Email, MailChimp, Text Message and Phone about National Events and Branch Level Events run by the National Association of Disc Jockeys as well as other events that we are involved with that could be of interest to you and your business.
- Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will approve it providing it meets the guidelines, we will not edit your profile in anyway.
- We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you may hold with us.
Reasons why we may disclose information about you:
- To enable delivery of Pro Mobile Magazine to your nominated address.
- To enable Mastermix DJ to assign the NADJ discount level to your account.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Security Of Your Personal Data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure, password and firewall protected servers.
Of course, data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for sending you NADJ-related news by email at any time by sending an email or writing to us at NADJ, 10 The Green, Hersham, Surrey, KT12 4HL
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for such purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for such purposes.
Third Party Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. Some of this information can be updated yourself by logging in and editing the relevant parts.