In a blow to many already struggling industries, but a move that is looking evermore essential to get a grip on the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, England will enter another National Lockdown from Thursday 5th November 2020 until at least Wednesday 2nd December 2020.
Much like the first lockdown earlier this year, a number of restrictions have been put in place to try and restrict the spread of the virus. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Staying at home, except for essential shopping, education, medical purposes, to care for others and limited exercise. Work from home where possible.
- Avoiding meeting people you do not live with, except for specific purposes.
- No mixing with other households indoors or private gardens, unless in your support bubble.
- Pubs, restaurants, leisure and entertainment venues to close, including many other retail establishments. Takeaways can remain open.
- Schools, colleges and universities to remain open.
- Outdoor exercise, where you are able to meet one other person from another household.
For the DJ and Entertainment industries, this means that you will be unable to conduct any work-specific activities for at least the next month. This will include all manner of DJing and VJing, karaoke, quizzes. This will come as largely unwelcome news to an industry that has only seen a very limited return to work with extreme differences and limitations.
Whilst this is an incredibly difficult time for many of our members, we urge you to follow all of the rules set out by the Government and your Local Authority, which will be underpinned by law.
To help the industry-wide efforts of greater recognition and financial support, please get behind the #savedjentertainment campaign as a matter of urgency. Click here to find out more.
As always, the NADJ at National and Local level are here to support you as much as we possibly can. You can reach out to us at any time via our website or social media channels.
This advice is issued for England. Different rules and restrictions may be in place and on different timescales for the nations of Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Keep an eye on local NADJ Branch pages and the relevant Government’s website for more detailed information.
Stay Safe. Stay Positive.